Organizers invite anyone interested in current workplace health and safety issues to register for the 18th Annual Petrochem (Health & Safety) Forum.
Though this one-day forum focuses on the petrochemical sector, much of the discussion is more general in nature. For instance, Ontario’s new Chief Prevention Officer, George Gritziotis will deliver the keynote address focusing on the transfer of occupational injury, illness and fatality prevention from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board to the Ontario Ministry of Labour.
Additional presentations are scheduled to include:
- noise hazards and hearing conservation programs,
- health risks posed by mould and recognized abatement procedures and guidelines,
- changes to worker reprisals and mandatory health and safety training through Bill 160,
- the ongoing disease epidemic caused by asbestos exposure, and
- disability management in the workplace: prevention and reintegration.
The Petrochem Forum Organizing Committee consists of representatives from labour, management and government.
What: Petrochem Workplace Health and Safety Forum
When: Thursday June 14, 2012
Time: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Who: All are invited
Where: Lambton College, Sarnia, Ontario
Cost: $85 (includes lunch)