Did you know employers are required to develop and implement workplace violence and harassment policies and programs
that are reviewed annually?
A policy is required regardless of workplace size and must be clearly posted in a workplace with six or more employees. Further to this, employers have an obligation to provide all workers with information about the policies and any training on programs implemented. Workplace violence includes acts that would constitute offences under Canada’s Criminal Code. Workplace harassment includes types of harassment prohibited under Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Is your workplace compliant? Many are not.
To help workplaces comply with Occupational Health and Safety Act outlined in Bill 168, Workers Health and Safety Centre (WHSC) offers a Workplace Violence and Harassment Program
. The three-hour virtual training program
covers essentials for those creating a new workplace-specific program and policies or evaluating an existing workplace violence program.
Register today to ensure compliance!
Workplace Violence and Harassment Program topics:
Employer compliance checklist
Workplace Harassment: from investigation to prevention
Workplace Violence: predictable and preventable
Domestic Violence in the Workplace: breaking the silence
Why our virtual learning environment is unique and effective?
- Definitions of workplace violence, harassment, domestic violence and bullying
- Legislative requirements, including developing and posting written policies
- Knowledge to develop a workplace violence and harassment program, including training workers on the policies and program
- Behaviour(s) that could be considered harassment
- Sources of workplace violence
- Causes of workplace violence
- Warning signs of workplace violence
- Related risk factors and their assessment
- Eliminating or controlling risk factors
- Observe for evidence of domestic violence
✅ Live online learning on a secure Zoom platform
✅ Highly qualified instructors with considerable real-world experience
✅ Small class sizes designed for maximum engagement
✅ Interactive learning environment for assured learning.
Need more information?
Additional training: Check out all WHSC programs
Call a WHSC training services representative in your area.
Connect with us: Twitter